7.27.2011



"Super I am Bit" is coming soon and I just finished my contribution to the show. I chose Centipede as my theme and really dove into the idea that as you shoot the centipede he becomes a mushroom and thus becomes part of his environment. I wanted to have him come in and out as he winds his way through the mushroom forest. The plus 4 in the title comes from the highest level of hallucination that you can achieve when using mushrooms. Here is the definition.

plus four (+4)
A very rare experience. Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of self. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. Pure white light. Difficult to put into words.


The idea of merging with space made a lot of sense with my piece and the definition combined with the mushrooms all throughout the game, it seemed like a perfect match.

The actual date for the show has not been made official but if sounds like it will be a great show.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger pakoto said...

omg! i love this!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Glenn Winters said...

Another fantastic piece of work!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger The Butcher said...

Thanks for the compliments Pakoto and Glenn.

Pakato, I love your interpretations of the Pixar worlds and characters. Hopefully you dive into more Pixar characters soon. Your ET pictures are fantastic.!

Glenn, Hey man. Great to hear from you. I check your blog from time to time and it looks like you are learning something new everyday. Pretty soon you will be running you own animation company. If that happens, keep me in mind. Maybe I could be your assistant. Keep up the great work.

Ben

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Bob Logan said...

My gosh! That is fantastic! The colors are great!
b!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Dorota said...

Ben your collages are beautiful! Your colors are incredible.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Kevin Stanton said...

I saw this at the show - such a cool technique! I hope whoever snatches it up treasures it forever!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Kevin Stanton said...

Ben, thank you so much for the compliment! I plan on doing more Kirbys, maybe finishing all of the original powers, for the next show, so maybe we'll get a chance to meet!

I definitely loved seeing your work in person - absolutely gorgeous. Now I just gotta go find a copy of Lots of Bots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home