6.28.2012

Beatles tribute show

Here is my visual tribute to the Beatles. Gallery Nucleus is hosting a tribute show on July 7th to the fab four. Thankfully they asked me to participate as I have always been a big fan of the Beatles entire library of songs and movies. My favorite thing about the Beatles music is the images and worlds they create through their writing. When I started thinking about what I would do, the first song that kept coming back to me was "Octupus's Garden" Not necessarily their most important song but one that just really stuck with me, so I decided to illustrate what I see when I listen to that song. It was a lot of fun to both create this image and get reacquainted with the Beatles music all over again. Here's to singing and dancing under the sea in an octupus's garden in the shade.

10 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kevin Kidney said...

Very fun, Ben!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

this is great! I love the texture, color and detail, and the octopus' mellow expression.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger pakoto said...

wooow!! awesome:)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jeff Harter said...

Looking good Ben!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Ron said...

This is so totally sweet. Beautiful work, man!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Dan Thompson said...

Dude, You are so good.
How have you been? I missed Renegade this year in SF.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger David Campbell said...

This is so beautiful. Love your work.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Fermín Solís said...

Fantastic!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Darrin Reda said...

BEN! I've been tryin' to look you up for years. I hope this message reaches you. I'd love to get in touch.

Darrin Reda

darrin.reda@comcast.net

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Gab said...

He's in the shade! Beautiful :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home